Would you like your product-related Design Challenge solved for free?
Do you have a brilliant idea for an innovative product for the beneficiaries of your mission-driven organization or for your colleagues in the field? Or do they use an existing product that needs serious improvement?
Then here is your chance: have a team of Industrial Product Design students create that for you!
What you get
We set up a collaboration with Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences to work on practical challenges in Humanitarian Aid and Development:
• Value: a team of students works 8 full-time weeks on your idea
• Result: a working prototype of the solution
What you bring in
• An idea for a physical product (may have a digital component, but not digital-only)
• A clear, practical and concise challenge description (format and examples available)
• 3 (online) meetings with users, stakeholders and/or challenge owner to provide context information and answer practical questions
• If the challenge owner or a knowledgeable field worker is in the Netherlands: a physical meeting in Rotterdam with the team at the start would be helpful
All designs and documentation of the solution will be freely published online as Open Source, to the benefit of you, users and other stakeholders, future (student) teams and anyone interested.
Previous programs resulted in amongst others solutions for Field Ready: a dust-mask created from plastic waste to use in the air polluted city Kathmandu, an ear/nose syringe, bricks made from PET bottles, a hydroponics system, a 3D-printable sharps bottle box and a blood warmer.
Contact me for more information and receiving the challenge description format and examples.